Non-Profit Grant Program Information
Non-Profit organizations can apply by completing an online application and providing additional required documents. If you are unable to access the internet, please contact staff at (530) 527-6220.
A written application along with required documentation can also be submitted to the Red Bluff-Tehama Chamber of Commerce office, 100 Main Street | PO Box 850, Red Bluff, CA 96080. Applications must be received at the Chamber office prior to the close of the application window to be eligible.
Only 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(19) nonprofit organizations with 20 full-time equivalent employees (FTE) or less, in good standing with IRS, in operation since March 1, 2020 or prior. (30+ hour per week equals 1.0 FTE; a part-time employee working 29 hours or less per week equals 0.5 FTE.)
The non-profit organization must be physically located and operating in Tehama County and serve the residents of Tehama County.
Non-Profits may apply one time for a grant up to $49,999. Eligible local non-profit organizations who apply will be chosen to receive the grant funds on a lottery basis after a four-week open application window.
Eligible non-profits located within Tehama County are welcome to apply; however, applicants will be required to attest that no other support, either public or private, has or will be received to cover any of the expenses presented in the grant application.
Yes, Tehama County requires documentation to show how the funds were used. This can include receipts documenting eligible expenses that were incurred any time after the date of the grant disbursement through the end of the grant reporting cycle on March 15, 2023. An itemized summary will be required with the initial grant application. All reporting must be submitted to the Red Bluff-Tehama County Chamber of Commerce by April 1, 2023.
Non-profit organizations that receive approval will be contacted when the funds are available.
Applications will be accepted during a four-week period, October 18, 2022 through November 15, 2022.
Churches with a 501(c)(3) status can apply and are eligible for assistance with COVID-related expenses and assisting their congregations with their human service needs.
The Program Administrator will review the applications for eligibility, including all submitted documents, to make sure they are complete and meet eligibility criteria. Applicants will be notified by e-mail if their application has been approved, denied or if they are required to provide additional information. Approved applicants will be selected to receive the grant funds on a lottery basis after a four-week open application window.
If you have any questions that are not covered in these Frequently Asked Questions or applicant instructions, you can contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grant awards can be used to mitigate the financial hardships incurred after March 3, 2021 and caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, which includes:
- Decreased revenue (e.g., from donations and fees)
- Financial insecurity
- Increased costs (e.g., uncompensated increases in service need)
- Capacity to weather financial hardship
- Challenges covering payroll, rent or mortgage, and other operating costs
Grantees may NOT use the Grant for the following:
- Re-granting to other organizations
- Lobbying – IRS-defined lobbying activities are prohibited by federal law
Any grant funds unexpended, or uncommitted at the end of the grant period, must be promptly returned to Tehama County within 30 days. Grant recipients will be required to self-attest that they understand the requirement to return any unexpended or uncommitted grant funds to the County within the stated period.
- A State of California issued Driver’s License or Identification Card.
- Documentation showing that organization has been operating in Tehama County since at least March 1, 2020 (e.g., 1 year of federal tax returns or Fictitious Business Name Statement filed on or prior to March 1, 2020).
- An IRS issued letter of determination of tax-exempt status 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(19)
- Organization financial statements within 90 days of grant application date, and current fiscal year budget.
- Project Budget indicating how funds will be spent.
- Most recently filed IRS Form 990.
- A completed W-9 Form (download).